Nov 10, 2008

Winter Eggnog

I call it that because I love winter!)

6 eggs
1c + 1tbls sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 c whiskey (all the recipes I found called for brandy, but I didn't have any and the whiskey tasted great)
1/3 c rum (again, all the recipes I found called for dark rum, but I used white and it was great!)
2 c heavy whipping cream
2 c milk

Do everything gently and slowly to preserve eggnog's fluffiness. :) All liquids should be very cold - refrigerate in advance. I put the alcohol in the fridge/freezer too. Beat eggs for about 3 minutes with electric mixer at medium speed until very frothy. Gradually beat in sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Turn the mixer off. Gradually stir in rum. Stir milk in slowly. Stir whiskey in slowly. Stir cream in slowly. Chill before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with more nutmeg (cinnamon sticks also makes for a fun garnish). Serve with generous servings of love. Makes about 2-1/2 quarts or so and tastes delicious.

-Mary Gunn

No comments: